1. I know of this secret tunnel filled with art deep underneath the city. I don’t spend much time there anymore unfortunately. I occasionally sit in a dark empty theater and write plays in my head. I’ve never actually finished one. My favorite place to be is in my painting chair, but I usually don’t sit in it. I kind of sit around it. Somewhere within fifty feet of this chair would be my favorite place. I’ve contemplated lots of things in that general area.
2. I enjoy art that creates momentary new realities and allows the viewer the opportunity to enhance their own reality through interaction or observation. I am particularly fond of anything from Atlanta.
3. Creativity is inherent in our species, so yes.
4. I consider myself part of Atlanta. I’m extremely active in all sorts of artistic and non-artistic social circles. I have spent fifteen years here, and I think the most important part of that experience is how Atlanta has become a part of me. I get a lot of my inspiration from my daily interactions and surroundings in the city.
5. Our arts community is extremely inclusive. I was a little apprehensive when I first became involved, now I couldn’t imagine life without it. There are an abundance of opportunities for those interested to become involved, all it takes is a little exploration.
6. Art gives us a chance to mould our own realities, question those realities, and present our findings to others. Society could not exist without art and art could not exist without society. I am not sure if you should question art’s role in society as much as art’s role in existence. I’ll need a few more pages to answer that question.
7. I once found a large stick at the top of a mountain around 4,000 feet in elevation. This stick saved myself and my girlfriend from almost certain death. I am still in the process of preserving it for future generations.
8. My first memory involves me sitting on my mothers lap while chewing on a photograph of my father. I can still remember the taste of the paper and the background noise from the television in the other room. The carpet was a deep, dark blue. I also once had a very interesting interaction with a wolf spider. I would like to pick both of those.
9. This is the most difficult of all of the questions you have asked me. I’m not really sure. I’ve thought about it for a while now, so I guess my mood is thoughtful.
10. I really like green.